Monday, February 2, 2015

The Facebook epidemic of Anniversary Announcements

Abraham Lincoln once remarked “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
Often we insist on asserting ourselves in areas where we are still uncertain, this being an attempt to disguise our doubt. The irony is that it is our lack of confidence that is inevitably exposed.
If I have to tell people how important I am it is a sign that I feel insignificant. If I need to tell the world how much I love someone, it is a sign of self-doubt.
Confidence doesn't need to be boasted, it is embodied. Self-assurance doesn't require a salesman, it sells itself. Love is something best held in confidence, publicizing it cheapens it.


“The emptiest vessel makes the loudest sound”- Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment